Fuck Stephen Harper and the Conservatives.
I received my overseas mailing ballot for the October 14 election this morning and I'll tell you right now: I would sooner NOT vote than vote for Stephen Harper.
I don't like the Conservatives - especially Stephen Harper - and not just because I'm some flaky left-wing hippie. I don't like them and Harper because...well, I guess I'm just enlightened and socially mature. Seriously though, here are just some reasons as to why Harper blows:
- He promised to instate fixed election dates (he lied, and is no doubt, going to profit from calling a snap election)
- He refused to sign onto the Kyoto Protocol
- He is George Bush's lapdog
- He cut all funding from women's advocacy programmes
- He is against same sex marriage
- He is a cyborg
Even though the candidates in my riding (Parkdale-High Park, Toronto!) have yet to be announced, I already know who I am voting for: The NDP!
I love the NDP for many reasons but most of all, because it was founded by an awesome Scottish dude who was way ahead of his time and, not to mention, Keifer Sutherland's Grandfather: Tommy Douglas.
So, please, fellow Canadians: don't sleepwalk to the Polls on October 14th! Do NOT give Harper the majority he wants! If you do, we're officially through!